My current drool device is the Sony a NEX-7 camera now delayed due to the Thailand flooding that has wreaked havoc on Toyota, Sony, Nikon and other companies who have manufacturing plants located there. More info here.
Digital Photography Review has a great, in-depth review for the Sony a NEX-7. They give it an 81% score, which is about the highest of any “Mid-Level” camera they’ve reviewed. This is about as technical a review as you can get on the NEX-7 at the moment.
Steve Huff has a great review with some really nice sample shots and video.
The drool-able features are as follows:
- Interchangeable lenses supporting a range of manufacturers (with proper mount adapter)
- 1080 60p video (slow motion baby!)
- Relatively small body
- Programmable, tri-navi button/dial scheme
- Touch screen interface (kind of slow though)
- A whopping 24.3 megapixels (really?)